The Storehouse has been operating a pop-up shop since November 2017 selling lots of good food and household products focusing on being organic, local and sustainable where possible. Besides that a number of local producers have regular or one off stalls. The shop is open seven days a week 9.30pm – 5.30pm except 11am -2pm on Sundays and an extra long day on Thursdays from 7.30am – 6.30pm.
On Fridays Going Native have a stall selling delicious, grass-fed beef and lamb from the Southern Uplands and Borders Hills. Tweed Valley Venison bring healthy, tasty Scottish wild venison to the Storehouse on Saturdays. See our Facebook group for news of upcoming stalls.
While you browse the shelves checking out the wonderful array of healthy sustainable food why not enjoy a freshly made flat white, latte, cappuccino, expresso, tea or hot chocolate from our coffee machine?
The shop has a wide selection of items including:
- Fresh milk in glass bottles and ice cream from the award winning The Wee Isle Dairy
- Free Range Eggs: Large and medium organic eggs from Croft just outside Penicuik, Kintyre large eggs from the west coast near Gigha (brought over with our milk) and Forfarshire organic eggs from the east, Croft organic pullet eggs, Local Lamancha bantam eggs and Lamancha Quail eggs.
- Butter, cheese and cream including (including from goats) in the fridge.
- Coffee beans and ground coffee and lots of herb teas to suit all tastes
- All kinds of dried and tinned beans, rice, pasta, oils, jams, honey.
- Organic local milled flour from Mungoswells Mill in East Lothian and organic flour from Scottish heritage wheat from Scotland The Bread
- Herbs and spices, tomato sauces and other ingredients to make tasty organic meals.
- Many juices and cordials, soya, oat and coconut milks
- Ecofriendly cleaning products from Ecoleaf, Bio, Humblestuff and more as well as baking accessories such as foil and household products like toilet roll from sustainability experts If You Care.
- Toiletries and cosmetics including lots from Faith in Nature and hand made soaps.
We have lots of lovely treats you can give as gifts or just because you deserve a treat too! Our volunteers are standing by waiting to help you!